Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
The tree is all decorated and our "Beautiful, gaudy, gold glittery boots have made their way back up to the center stage of our tree this year! This is the first decoration that Don and I bought 37 years ago to put on our first Christmas tree! The kids gave us fits about them for years, but they always managed to be on the tree anyway, in the back out of sight! But they are making a comeback to the front!
The table was set with the sweets for everyone.
The stockings were hung to be filled with lots of fun!
And the biggest surprise for me this year, was in the bottom of my stocking! Since my surgery 18 months ago I haven't been able to wear my wedding band. I really felt naked without it. I tried a lot of different rings to wear but they just didn't feel right. Don got me a beautiful ring to wear so I could "feel married" again. Thank you, it is gorgeous. And thanks to Angie for helping Dad out there a little bit too!


1 comment:

Angela said...

What a wonderful holiday for you all. You are very welcome. Santa always needs a little helper. I miss being there Christmas morning with everyone.

Love ya